For many cultures music is a powerful force that brings us closer together and helps us to create and build communities. For young children it can be a rich and joyful experience. Music is a beautiful tool that can be used to experience and learn about other cultures and create community through the shared experience of listening to, making music and moving together. It matters not that the music may be from a different culture to ours and that we don’t understand the words. In this session we spend time explore how music can bring harmony between cultures.
This session includes:
- Informing your practice - Culture through Music handout
- Informing your Practice Reflection Pages
- Making Kulap Shakers Activity Sheet
- Making Warup/Kundu Activity Sheet
- Making Clapping Sticks Activity Sheet