Weaving a Cultural Journey
Professional Learning Package
If your team or organisation needs the inspiration to change the way that you embed Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and or Culturally & Linguistically Diverse perspectives into your everyday practice, this training is for you!
This series builds your confidence and takes you all to the next level. Sessions include:
- Get to know each other, let’s talk about where you are on the journey to embedding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives and what you want to get out of this training.
- Leadership and advocacy for families, children and the community.
- Historical FootPrints from an Aboriginal perspective- poster activity.
- Historical FootPrints from a Torres Strait Islander perspective-poster activity.
- ‘Stories from Cherbourg’ - Intergenerational trauma and the effects that it has had and is still having on our families today.
- Worldview-how we look at the world.
- Let's talk about collaboration and building real relationships – including the Weaving and Connecting to Your Community Resource
- Programming significant dates and celebration activities.
- How do our future elders and staff interact with Mother Earth daily? Let’s talk about how we can do this respectfully and authentically.
- Planning for the future-how, do we keep this moving? Let’s hear about your journey and learnings.
Yes, our team will travel to you!
Jackie, Cecelia and Ranu are located in Weipa, Cairns and Sunshine Coast. We are very happy to travel and deliver packages to your service no matter where you are located.
Travel costs will be included in your invoice and will be at the current market rates which will include: Petrol, Airfares, Accommodation, Hire Car, Travel incidentals (including parking/tolls/fuel costs/Cab fares/additional luggage), Travel Allowance
Costs will vary depending on where your service is located, the time the visit is required and current market rates for travel components. In some cases, services may like to link up with other services within their community to share these costs. Please contact us for further information.Contact Us